Denali is Laboring to start????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Just started this morning. Started my truck and for the first time ever it struggled :( The interior lights dimmed as well as the dash lights and then it a second or 2 later it kicked on like normal.......I think it might be time to change the battery considering its an '04 with 38,000 on the clock and I'm still running the origional battery but before I do I want to ask "Is there anything else I should check or that could be causing this?"

Thanks in advance guys,

Rob

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like the battery to me. If everything is fine once the truck is running, then that tells me the battery isn't holding a charge, but once it's running the alternator is picking up the slack.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
if you don't have a load tester take it to napa/o-reillys/autozone and they can check out the charging system and battery to help you determine the issue for FREE!

OP
OP
BlackDenali

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
Thanks guys...Thats what I figured because even when I lock the truck and my horn "beeps" it sounds weak! Autozone here I come!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Optima YellowTop or Kinetik Power Cell time :)

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just for peice of mind check all your grounds for tighness and corrosion... sounds like a batt. but i had an old work pickup that had a corroded ground and would have similar symptoms

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Generic Autopart store item??????

Optima Yellow top can come from there (Auto Zone), but apart from that Kinetik is available all over online (HC 1800).
Make sure you get that Alternator checked out first though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia