Denali and High Country Diesel Payload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can some of you with a diesel Denali or High Country model post your max payload from the door sticker? My current, 2016 Denali is rated at 1542 lbs and I am looking for a new diesel unit but can't find one locally to check the payload number. I need to stay in the 1500 lb range for payload.

Thanks,
Dennis

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'21 Denali Diesel 4WD: Max Payload = 1563 LBS
Brandon, can you share what options your truck has? I am assuming the max trailering package. It seems that the higher optioned units take away from payload.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon, can you share what options your truck has? I am assuming the max trailering package. It seems that the higher optioned units take away from payload.

Sure do, the more stuff, the closer to GVWR they get.

TFL Truck did a video with a Diesel Yukon Denali and its payload capacity was 1408 pounds and towing was 8000 pounds.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most payload you can get out of these vehicles is the 5.3L 2WD with minimal add ons. With that setup you should get around 1800 lbs. For reasons mentioned already, heavier engines, air ride, etc cut into the payload on the higher end builds.

brkoom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I don't have the max trailering package or air suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz