Denali Air Shocks - Lifespan? Testing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

security6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2007 Denali with rear air shocks. The compressor comes on a fair amount to air up the rear shocks, especially when I've got a trailer on it. I know the air shocks will wear out at some point and I'd like to replace them before the compressor burns out, but I hate to replace good parts.

How long do air shocks typically last?

Any idea of how long air shocks should hold their air? I'd like to be able to test them. (I'm thinking some must be some sort of standard like the air shocks should not need the compressor to turn on for X minutes when the vehicle is empty).

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your compressor comes on frequently, there might be a leak somewhere. i would highly doubt a 2007 vehicle would need them replaced already. they are very expensive to replace as well. hope the leak is in the lines somewhere and not the shock itself.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I remember seeing on the Delphi website one time that the shocks had a 100k mile service life.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine fill up once on startup and pretty much hold all day unless you load up the back or connect a trailer. Not sure on their lifespan. I have an 06' and replaced mine with 89K on the clock-they looked like the originals. I also did the compressor as well. Arnott sells factory replacements if you wish to keep the auto level air ride. I picked up the rear shocks+compressor for $550 shipped and did the install myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove