Debadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubfreaks

Reaction score
Just did my Z, shaved the side badges as well.. heat gun
Solvent
Razor blade
Then some compound to get rid of any small scratches left behind followed by some polish. 7cc9381b7ff8cc6bc03b5f92ba476df8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I used the same process on my 07 as i did on my 05. Demold and debadge. Heat gun, fishing line, eraser wheel, 3M adhesive remover and goo gone, Meguiars scratch and swirl remover with 3 inch buffer head adapter for electric drill.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no "besides", get the 3m wheel. I've detailed professionally for years and that's my opinion. Plus it last forever, so it's worth the money. You'll use it on your next ride , or a friend's ride, or gf/wife , exc. I used it on several of my own vehicles, street bikes and snowmobiles. I've had the same wheel since I bought new in 09 when they first came out, back then I paid $40 lol

Use it on a lower setting, make sure paint is cool and in the shade. Start from one end and work your way to the other end letting it build up and majority of the glue will fall right off, the rest will fling all over you and your hands so don't wear your clubbing clothes lol.
They're still about the same price. I bought an off brand one for $10 on eBay and must've worn off about 1/2-3/4 on just demolding the doors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255