Dashboard issue? Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntrimm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, I just got home from purchasing a 2015 Tahoe LT 4x4. I did not notice this in any Tahoe's I test drove nor in the one I purchased until I got it home in the garage. There is a rectangular shape with rounded corners on top of the passenger dashboard. It almost looks like a defect....but I also thought it could have something to do with the airbag? Anyone know if this is normal or not? If not normal has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5071.jpg
    IMG_5071.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has it too. (Denali) Its the indention for the airbag.

Some folks are going to nitpick it - some won't. It didnt bother me. It's in most everyone I've seen.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Normal. Its the breaking points for the airbag to pop thru. Lots of vehicles are like this.

OP
OP
N

ntrimm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Im totally fine with it, but wanted to make sure it was normal first....

HAARubicon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't get why everyone is fine with this. It was not the designers intent that this be visible. Ours is so slightly visible that you have to be looking for it. It is poor workmanship and a lack of knowledge of working with soft touch materials. There was a time when manufacturers wanted you to know there was an airbag and stamped "SRS" on it but those days are gone.

Unfortunately the only fix to rip the dash out of your new ride. That's worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon