Dash Vinyl starting to rub off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Well I guess my baby is just getting old. Always kept armor-all on the interior.. but a few years of living at the beach (saltwater bathing suits on leather....) caused my interior to age much faster.

My dash vinyl will peel off pretty easy if a scratch it.. and it already has some marks in it from passengers.

I know there's products to re-do your dash.. but i'm not sure that's something I want to tackle myself.

anyone tried re-finishing their dash?

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can repaint your dash, or I know there are some Vinyl dye. Long time no hear!!!

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Yeah bro... been workin a bunch.. kinda put the Yukon on hold as well as the forums.

How hard is it to take the dash out?

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Haynes Manual, I can scan for you I guess. Kinda busy right now, but let me know.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check my interior mod thread for updates, I will be doing a video and such..your dash is probably painted and what you are scratching off is paint. Mine is doing the same. Many of the interior pieces on the Tahoe are molded/colored plastic that are the color of the dash. I'm assuming yours might be the same.

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
Yep.. it's black underneath and all the texture is still there.

Thanks for the info and i'll be sure to check by for the how-to..

Now to just decice what colors!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts