Damn Push-Button 4wd...urgh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thrashin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
on my old 96 4door it was as simple as a bad fuse in the panel on the side of dash. there is also a relay on ds under the hood. have a different 96 2dr now. just blinks. actuator wasnt moving so i swapped it. sensor above it had broken wire. swapped that niw too. light went steady 5 tries in a row. snowed a few days later and when i needed it, its back to blinking steady again.

OP
OP
AllensHoe

AllensHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
on my old 96 4door it was as simple as a bad fuse in the panel on the side of dash. there is also a relay on ds under the hood. have a different 96 2dr now. just blinks. actuator wasnt moving so i swapped it. sensor above it had broken wire. swapped that niw too. light went steady 5 tries in a row. snowed a few days later and when i needed it, its back to blinking steady again.

You hit it right on the button buddy. I decided to tinker with it at the shop and something told me to check the fuses. Well sure enough...number 24 fuse for 4wd was blown. Also number 19 for the radio but that's another issue. I'm happy as a pig is slop. Now onto the AC control issues.

Thank you everybody. I really appreciate all the input and help.

4myfreedom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure vehicle is in neutral when u engage. I did not then I did get to engage

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Have 97 yukon GT

LakeRat32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 96 tahoe with a floor shifter for 4x4, and I am having the same problem. I can shift into 4x4 and the rear has power, and I can hear a spoiling from the front of the vehicle, but there is no power whatsoever in the front axle. Is that the same issue you were having?

LakeRat32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You hit it right on the button buddy. I decided to tinker with it at the shop and something told me to check the fuses. Well sure enough...number 24 fuse for 4wd was blown. Also number 19 for the radio but that's another issue. I'm happy as a pig is slop. Now onto the AC control issues.

Thank you everybody. I really appreciate all the input and help.

Went and checked the fuse block, and sure enough, numbers 2 and 24 were popped. I replaced them and as soon as I engaged 4x4, the light came on, power went to the front, and I heard 2 pops. Looked again, and both fuses were broken. What could be causing that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy