Cylinder Lock Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neosoul

Reaction score
I have finally found the time to address a problem that I have been having with my 98 chevy tahoe 2 door. The ignition switch does not always engage the starter which leads me to believe that I’m suffering from the broke wire problem that plagues these trucks. I need some to link me to the correct part for this truck. I’ve watched youtube videos that show the ignition lock cylinder with a wire connected and one without, I can’t seem to find what I need according to youtube. Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
what broke wire that plagued them. never heard of a high failure rate of them? also if it is the ignition switch wire then why do you need a lock cylinder?

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
since I don’f know the full history of the vehicle I figured it would probably be best to replace both, the ignition switch and lock clynider. S hould I just replace the ignition switch and not worry about the lock clynider? Trying to head off any potential future problems.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well the key that operates the power is also the same as the doors. so if you get a new lock cylinder you will carry an extra key or try to get a locksmith to repin it for the original key. if you have to do the switch anyway check to see that the cylinders locks with key out as well as wheel. if the lock cylinder moves all the way back and forward as it should then leave it for now.

OP
OP
N

neosoul

Reaction score
ok, should I go with the ac delco switch , borg warner or any of the off brands I see listed. There is a a price variance of as much as 40 dollars between brands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts