Cutting Area Behind Aftermarket Headunit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerrito1

Reaction score
I recently got the 8500 as well. Has anyone here gotten the iPhone 5 to work with the unit? I used an HDMI cable and lightning cable with the adapter and have only been able to mirror my phone. I havent been able to get the apps to actually show up on the unit.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got the 8500 as well. Has anyone here gotten the iPhone 5 to work with the unit? I used an HDMI cable and lightning cable with the adapter and have only been able to mirror my phone. I havent been able to get the apps to actually show up on the unit.

depends what you mean by that. Mine "mirrors" as well. So what ever app I'm using on my iPhone shows on the screen.

However, when you go to certain Pioneer Apps, like GPS Driver, I get the map on my 8500 screen and I get the different buttons displayed on my iPhone's screen.

image_zps0cf2c1b8.jpg

image_1_zpsda5014be.jpg

image_2_zpsb9f6dfa7.jpg

image_3_zps77f25c88.jpg

image_4_zps44c37560.jpg

image_5_zpsb68887b6.jpg

jerrito1

Reaction score
When I try to launch the pioneer app from the headunit it'll give me the warning on the 8500 but it wont launch the app from the iphone. Right now I cant control the Pioneer apps from the headunit

A few people online have been complaining about that. Lets see if pioneer releases a firmware update soon to fix it

depends what you mean by that. Mine "mirrors" as well. So what ever app I'm using on my iPhone shows on the screen.

However, when you go to certain Pioneer Apps, like GPS Driver, I get the map on my 8500 screen and I get the different buttons displayed on my iPhone's screen.

image_zps0cf2c1b8.jpg

image_1_zpsda5014be.jpg

image_2_zpsb9f6dfa7.jpg

image_3_zps77f25c88.jpg

image_4_zps44c37560.jpg

image_5_zpsb68887b6.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I try to launch the pioneer app from the headunit it'll give me the warning on the 8500 but it wont launch the app from the iphone. Right now I cant control the Pioneer apps from the headunit

A few people online have been complaining about that. Lets see if pioneer releases a firmware update soon to fix it

That's correct. you can't control the iPhone from the 8500...

:(

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to get AppRadio apps to show up on the screen. I have a 4s and the only app I can figure out how to get working is Pandora. The other app I want to use, Waze, doesn't show up. The app icon on the head unit is also dulled out. Any ideas? Never really dealt with AppRadio before.

jerrito1

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to get AppRadio apps to show up on the screen. I have a 4s and the only app I can figure out how to get working is Pandora. The other app I want to use, Waze, doesn't show up. The app icon on the head unit is also dulled out. Any ideas? Never really dealt with AppRadio before.

Did you download the Pioneer Radio App from the App Store?

OP
OP
I

iCalvin

Reaction score
Did you download the Pioneer Radio App from the App Store?

Yea I downloaded it. Followed the instructions on the manual to use but no dice. When i start up AppRadio on the phone when it is connected to the unit it will show a connected to radio type of screen and a Disconnect button.Can't really think of what I can be doing wrong.

jerrito1

Reaction score
Are you connected to USB 1? I read in the manual that USB1 is the only place App Mode will work in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160