Custom Panhard bar & RLTA/RLCA FINALLY ARRIVED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
So UPS just dropped off a package, been along time waiting, but my custom made adjustable panhard bar and 2 adjustable RLTA/RLCA(rear lower trailing/control arms) are ready for install.:head3: Very excited to recieve! Very beefy parts, good quality, nice welds, and also came with greasable poly bushings and zerks! Nice quality bars for sure. Plan on powder coating or painting right now, so I can install ASAP! I will post pics of everything here soon.:rockit:

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Shipped good, all parts arrived2011-04-29_114940.jpg

2011-04-29_110155.jpg

Gettin painted right now

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW that's awesome!
those look sweet, are you getting the upper arms as well?

Wear did you pick those up? Do they help with handling?

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I ordered em from, qualityairride.com. At $50 a bar, you cant beat it! I didnt get uppers yet, still trying to figure out a way to make em. The panhard bar I really needed to adjust axle back to center, and hopefully cure popping noise in LRCA.

LRCA are supposed to beef up the rear end, allowing for better traction and less wheel hop. I also got mine adjustable if/when I get uppers I can recenter axle back. When compared to OEM stamped steel ones, huge difference. I will post more pics, n comparison to old

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Just got em back from being painted, culdnt wait till monday to have powder coated! they turned out great n only cost a 12 pack. Had to pick up the kid, so will have to finish latr
2011-04-29153143.jpg

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good Whiteout

Did you ask if they can do the offset upper arms?

Keep us posted with the trailing arms. I'm considering doing that upgrade next.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered em from, qualityairride.com. At $50 a bar, you cant beat it! I didnt get uppers yet, still trying to figure out a way to make em. The panhard bar I really needed to adjust axle back to center, and hopefully cure popping noise in LRCA.

LRCA are supposed to beef up the rear end, allowing for better traction and less wheel hop. I also got mine adjustable if/when I get uppers I can recenter axle back. When compared to OEM stamped steel ones, huge difference. I will post more pics, n comparison to old

hey did you have to send them the dimension and measurements?

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Alright guys, I got everything installed today, and man does it look good, and feel better Very impressed with these bars, great welds, and nicely made for sure. Compared to stock, very beefy, solid bars and much stiffer. Didnt get to drive it much yet, but havent heard any noise, and thats why I got em. So, EXTREMELY impressed so far with how it feels and drives. First impressions are great, and highly recommend getting these bars. I needed panhard bar to reposition axle back to center since im lowered. But also got RLTA because mine seemed to be popping, and why not! So far I havent heard any of the noises I use to before, and really the main reason for all this. So very happy. Rear end feels much stiffer around corners and taking off. But suspension actually feels softer now too, maybe cause everythings in the right places! Couldnt be happier!

I havent asked if they can make uppers, guessing not tho. Wuld need dimensions of uppers, and especially the offset! So if anyone has thode dimensions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I want uppers now.

I had to call and tell them all the dimensions I needed for my bars, simple enough

RLCA/RLTA measurements: 2 length center to center of eyelets, 2 1/2" bushings
I would suggest getting adjustable. 2011-04-30_160735.jpg

Panhard bar measurements: 33 3/4" length center to center of eyelets, 2" bushings
2011-04-30_144847.jpg

Panhard bar n both RLTA painted white w/ flutted poly bushings and zerks installed
2011-04-29_202216.jpg
I went out and bought new grade 8 bolts, and nylon lock nuts. I used 9/16 size bolts since inside diameter of bushings, 4" length bolts for panhard bar and front RLTA. I used 5" long bolts for rear of RLTA since I have relocating brackets which are wider.
ALWAYS USE JACK STANDS!lol, but jack up rear, put on stands. Installation is pretty simple. Used only two size wrenches/sockets, 3/4 or 13/16 and 7/8. Panhard bar was very easy, pop off brake cable clips with screwdriver,and remove both nuts and bolts, and remove panhard. Installation is reverse of removal. Super easy. Now I accidently ordered a shorter panhard bar then stock, 33 1/2" long, instead of 33 3/4". But, after adjusting, installing, lowering to check and readjusting! I only had to extend bar out 1/4" to 34" long at ride height. Im lowered 5" in rear, and it seemed like it was over to passenger side further, but makes sense to only move alittle to center. I would suggest lengthening bar before installing, then measure once ride is back down. May have to adjust a few times, and u have to remove adjustment side bushing to adjust length.
next RLTA, which are just as easy.still need car jacked up w/ JACKSTANDS. Remove rear nut n bolt first, then front and take off arm. I used the old/stock arm as a measuring tool for new bars. Stuck a bolt in one end of arm, along with new bar, then took another bolt and stuck in arm and adjusted new bar till it was same. My bars seemed alittle shorter then 22", idk but why I got adjustables. Either way, good idea just to verify correct length, unless got uppers to match recentering.

So all in all, its a very easy thing to do, and diffenently cant hurt. I personally am very happy with the difference so far in feel, performance and it looks sick! It seems to have gotten rid of my popping/clunking noise I had going on, and thats huge. Gonna test em good tomorrow tho.

couldnt take many after pics will get more posted tomorrow. Still gotta do acouple things.
2011-04-30_180427.jpg

2011-04-30_184908.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog