Cross country trip MN to AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Atrevino0497

Reaction score
Even before I could type in those pesky heater hose barbs, they beat to it. Replacing the plastic expansion tank and the cap is another way to stave off an intermittent overheat. The expansion tanks crack and slowly allow coolant to leak as vapor so it's almost impossible to see there's a problem.

Verify you've actually have a jack and tire iron in back. I'd go so far as to bring a floor or bottle jack, 12V air pump, 5-6 flares and some 4x4 lumbar to safely change your tire if you're stuck in the sticks at night. Verify your 12V receptacles don't have blown fuses for the phone chargers. Super aggressively clean the windscreen and apply rainx.

What are you running for tunes? Factory radio or navi?
I have the factory 10 speaker Bose system in there that also has turn by turn navigation , it’s more than enough for me. I have a box of dvds in the back along with the headphones and remote for the rear occupants to watch if they get bored. I love my Tahoe it’s fully loaded

I have 2x 3 ton floor jacks and 2 sets of jackstands, I’m confident I have all the tools to pretty much repair anything on the side of the road and carry a basic scan tool in my glove compartment. I also have an AAA premier w/ RV if anything were to happen. But the factory jack is in the back still.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You’re 5x5 and ready to roll. Pop the top of your factory jack storage area. Odds are 10 to 1 the jack itself is secured with 10 mm (double check the size) nuts that require a socket wrench to remove the factory jack from its home :p

I replaced mine with wing nuts from the hardware store already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs