Crazy stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that pumping the footfeed (thanks, Dad, for that word) does any good when starting a fuel injected engine. It's not like the accelerator pump on a carburetor.
I think cycling the ignition twice helps build more pressure (like if it's a low pressure issue.) Basically priming the fuel system twice could increase the pressure a few notches higher such that the injectors can actually fire.

...I guess I'm confused... Isn't a 2000 GMC Yukon Denali a carryover of the GMT400 line? There's a huge difference between those and the later generation on the fuel injection and ignition systems.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...I guess I'm confused... Isn't a 2000 GMC Yukon Denali a carryover of the GMT400 line? There's a huge difference between those and the later generation on the fuel injection and ignition systems.

Good question, but unless one knows that particular year's build style, it's just a guess. The OP didn't say which engine was in it, not that I saw in the posts.

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should still be the GMT400 in that...I had a 2000 Escalade...it also was still GMT400 based

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts