Crazy fuel gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arkle

Reaction score
I know fuel gauge problems have been addressed before but that's not my point. Today I was driving and I noticed that the fuel gauge was going insane. It'd snap from a quarter, to full, to empty, up past full, and got to the point where it was turning three sixty and knocking the oil pressure gauge off to the side.

Obviously its broken, but I'm not looking to fix it. Just thought you all might get a kick out of it. I took a quick video when I pulled up to the house, but I have no idea how to go about uploading that stuff.

Any other stories of crazy gauges?

Elpescador100

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same... and then it pegged to full.... now i just reset my trip odometer every 240 miles after a fillup.

OP
OP
The Arkle

The Arkle

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same... and then it pegged to full.... now i just reset my trip odometer every 240 miles after a fillup.

What year do you have? Mine is obviously a 1997, but I can almost gurantee yours is in a better condition regardless. I'm bone stock and can go about sixty or maybe up to eighty more miles on a full tank. I don't know if I have the thirty gallon tank option or not.

99yukon84

Reaction score
Yeah my fuel gauge dances around when I first start my yukon does a 360. But after that it seems fine. That's every start up.

Harlech

I am a robot.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine vibrates, it doesn't jump around so much as the needle is a blur from vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217