Crank and no start no fire from coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Standard brand and the good one is acdelco
That's very sad that Standard Motor Products quality is that bad, used to always be the one you could depend on. They do make 2 different lines now to compete with the junk.
I am very glad I no longer attempt to repair vehicles for my living. I don't see how anyone could stand the failed parts aspect alone forget about the learning curve and the cost of equipment.

GTRhino24

Reaction score
Just had a service light a few weeks ago followed by bad idle and firm shifts. Made no sense as everything under the hood is brand new. I replaced every sensor and switch not too long ago. Everything was GM/Delco except one. Take a guess at which one failed. The eBay throttle position sensor. But hey, I saved like $20 for a few months!

bcan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No fire from coil I can take a ground wire and touch it to the signal wire at the pcm and it tries to start thats the only way it will try to start 1999 tahoe
I bought a non-running 2004 Yukon XL 1500 with a 5.3L V8 in March. Crank no start. Mechanic buddy of mine helped troubleshoot. We tested for ground on coil wire, found no ground continuity to frame. Looked for a while at the various grounds around the engine compartment and he discovered a broken ground wire dead center front bottom of engine. Re-attached ground, cranked right up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts