Corvette servo??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMW468

Reaction score
OK guys I brought my "new" 95 Tahoe home this weekend. It's all original with only 62,000 documented miles. I bought it from the original owner who saved all the service records.

I went over both the truck and the service records thoroughly. My only concern is the 4L60E trans. I have the same trans in my 94 Silverado. It was actually great for many years. I rebuilt at 175K miles and I upgraded it at the time. I've used it to tow my 69 Camaro for years without any issues, but I'm a car guy and I do my regular maintenance religiously.

So the previous owner of the Tahoe had the trans fluid flushed at 50K miles along with a new filter. It was done at the local Chevy dealer. I'll be using the Tahoe as my daily driver and to tow my Camaro a few times a year and I have no interest in being stuck on the side of the road. I've been doing some research and have been reading about the Corvette servo upgrade.

Has anyone done this? Is it a legit upgrade or snake oil? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a noticeable upgrade in the firmness of your shifts. It's also fairly cheap and easy to do.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Real deal. It's a legitimate mechanical upgrade. It gives a noticeable result from the driver's seat. It will, imo, aid in longevity, but I wouldn't count on any miracles. How many miles on the trans now?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not snake oil and it's beneficial for towing since it promotes faster and firmer shifts with more holding power.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with above comments as well. I added that to the transmission on the 02 Silverado. I don't and haven't ever towed with it but I am supercharged. Nice easy (and relatively inexpensive) upgrade.

Congrats on your latest acquisition.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
After installing that Corvette servo I noticed the biggest difference in the 2-3 shift. Way way better.

OP
OP
GMW468

GMW468

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to order one ASAP.

As for the trans, it's original to the truck. It's only got 62,000 original miles but it's also 25 years old. my ride to work is 8 miles each way so I only put 16 miles a day on my truck. I have zero concerns as for the reliability of the truck, especially since I have a 94 that has 201,000 miles on it and still runs strong. I just want to do whatever I can to improve the towing capability of the truck.

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with above comments as well. I added that to the transmission on the 02 Silverado. I don't and haven't ever towed with it but I am supercharged. Nice easy (and relatively inexpensive) upgrade.

Congrats on your latest acquisition.
Hey bro did you say you are supercharged?!! On a 2002 5.3 vortec original engine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne