Contemplating a GM Extended Warranty on our 08 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying my new Denali. Driving up to Canada.

There are just too many gizmos, widgets, and other electronic doodads on this truck to not have the extended warranty. Peace of mind is worth it.

I say that after buying the extended warranty on my 03 Vette. Now 7 years old, 37k, and never been in the shop for anything other than service. But still think it was worth it.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the same plan ($0 deductible). Depending on your options, you could pay for it in one visit. If you have NAV, it is relatively common for them to go out later in life. The unit alone is close to $2k. Do you have a power lift gate? Rear DVD player? Heated seats? Power fold seats? Tons of electronics on these trucks now to go bad, and expensive as hell to fix.

That's my thoughts. I'm not overly concerned about the engine/tranny, but more or less all the electronic gadgets in the LTZ model. Everything is power, the running boards, liftgate, 2nd row seats, all heated, overhead dvd, navigation, blah blah. Seems as though there are alot of electronics that I'd hate to see go bad.

yea but not everything is covered. Well actually depends on the plan you get.

Its the GMPP Major Guard, the most coverage they have.

The price is negotiable for the warranty, talk em down to help you make your mind up. If they won’t budge don’t get it, that’s the way I looked at it. I got the extended warranty, I didn’t pay what they wanted but I forgot what I paid now.

It was $2600, got them down to the $1980 or whatever..

Robbie, I have a link saved on my computer at work for a dealership that sells the GMPP Major Guard warranty's pretty much a little above wholesale via the internet...I'll send you the link tomorrow when I get to work :D To give you an idea, I bought an extended warranty for my HD when I first got it for around $1500 to cover it till 70k with $0 deductible.....found that site later and could have had the same warranty for around $1000 :(

*EDIT*

Found the link.....

Link

I'm guessing you have less than 24k miles on your Sub, so you could get the same coverage with $0 deductible for $1745 through that site :D

Thanks for the link. We have 32k miles on the Burban, it hits 3yrs old in December. Looks like the price they gave me is pretty comparable? I'm debating on just doing a 4yr/48k warranty. We average the 12k miles a year, and I know we more than likely won't keep this thing past 100k miles.

Decisions Decisions...:emotions122:

Last edited:

Mauro

Fresno State Bulldog
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. We have 32k miles on the Burban, it hits 3yrs old in December. Looks like the price they gave me is pretty comparable? I'm debating on just doing a 4yr/48k warranty. We average the 12k miles a year, and I know we more than likely won't keep this thing past 100k miles.

Decisions Decisions...:emotions122:

Ahh, yeah you got a pretty good price on that one then.....the thing is with GMPP's, as long as you have 2,000 miles and 2 months before your warranty runs out, you can extend it again and pay the difference, for example if you went with the 4/48 one and for some reason got up to 45 pretty quick and still have 2 years left, you can pay the difference for the 4/72 :shrug: I should have done that with my HD but I forgot and went in like 2 weeks too late :bawl:

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah you got a pretty good price on that one then.....the thing is with GMPP's, as long as you have 2,000 miles and 2 months before your warranty runs out, you can extend it again and pay the difference, for example if you went with the 4/48 one and for some reason got up to 45 pretty quick and still have 2 years left, you can pay the difference for the 4/72 :shrug: I should have done that with my HD but I forgot and went in like 2 weeks too late :bawl:

hmmm... good info! I think I know what I'm gonna go for then! Thanks dude! :Handshake:

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just an update, ended up buying the GMPP Major Guard from that link you provided Mauro. Many thanks! Got 5yr/75k additional warrranty for $2300 total. Not bad...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
just an update, ended up buying the GMPP Major Guard from that link you provided Mauro. Many thanks! Got 5yr/75k additional warrranty for $2300 total. Not bad...

Damn!! I got quoted $1480 for that exact same warranty and a $0 deductable. You must have more initial miles than I had.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn!! I got quoted $1480 for that exact same warranty and a $0 deductable. You must have more initial miles than I had.

we were at 34,250 miles, class C4.

If we woulda got it before 12k miles, we would have saved a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dilanarcement1

Latest posts