Confused about headlights for Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm kind of a newbie to the forum and would love some advice on headlights. Have a 2007 Black Denali with every option and looking for better white/blue looking headlights. My question is do they make quality headlamp bulbs or do I need to swap out the whole housing? Any advice on manufacturer, brand, or price would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of a newbie to the forum and would love some advice on headlights. Have a 2007 Black Denali with every option and looking for better white/blue looking headlights. My question is do they make quality headlamp bulbs or do I need to swap out the whole housing? Any advice on manufacturer, brand, or price would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

H.I.D.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85 is what I have. 6000K 35W mostly 'plug and play'. not sure how hard it is to replace bulbs in a denali though.

CincinnatiZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can order a HID kit. Some people on ebay try to sell them for $20 but these are just normal bulbs with a blue film over the glass of the bulb. Don't waste your time or money on these. What you are going to need is a HID kit with ballasts. A ballast is like a little amplifier that i about 3 inches by 3 inches. Each bulb has its own ballast powering it to give it that "modern" glow that im sure you are after. You are going to remove your factory bulb and insert the HID bulb. Be sure NOT to touch the bulb. After its secured you need to mount the ballast and connect it to the bulb with the supplied harness. From there you connect the ballast to the socket that the factory bulb was connected to. Its that simple. The hardest part is mounting the ballast in a secure and semi dry location.

HID lights are sold buy the temperature also known as "K". 6000K is a conservative but very common light. I had 12K in my tahoe and LOVED them. They were a very brilliant blue.

Hope that helps.....

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what "K" are the stock headlights and fog lights?

Probably 3000k or so. I have heard of some fittament issues with the ddm kits, but not in these specific vehicles. (TBSS forum) But guys here love them.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
HIDHUB.COM ..... I just installed mine today ..... very very easy (35 minute install)

David4Jesus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HIDHUB.COM ..... I just installed mine today ..... very very easy (35 minute install)

How did you do them so quick I heard you have to go through under he fender to get to the back of the headlight? I really want to switch but im not going through all that.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you do for your high beams? The H13/9008 bulbs have a dual filament for hi/lo beams... wouldn't you need bi-xenons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman