Cold? Viper 5701 2 way car alarm $102 Reg $499! I GOT ONE !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did most of you have your system installed by an authorized shop or take a stab at it yourself?

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Did most of you have your system installed by an authorized shop or take a stab at it yourself?

I had mine installed professionally. A few tips I can provide. Do your homework on installers and who supports the DEI brands. The installer I chose was 1 of 2 in town that deal with Viper, and they did a horrible job. The alarm would drain the battery in less than 2 days and it didn't work right. Their answer was well you provided the system, so it was bad, and we'll charge you another $600 for a new system and install. So, I now have a Skytech alarm and couldn't be happier. The whole system and install was less than $400.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked websites and found a place that sells and installs them. Figure if they sell em and have been around for a while they should be alright. Get mine put in Friday. Ill let you guys know how it goes

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Good to know about the batteries too

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of places around here (small town) won't deal with you if you don't buy from them. One shop sells Avital stuff, which he said was made by DEI. If i can't find a better solution, I may have to go that route.

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing back an old thread...just noticed a problem.

I park my truck in the garage usually between 6pm and 8pm and then leave in the morning between 8am and 9am, so it sits there for roughly 14 or so hours max. I just noticed that in the morning, if I go out in the garage before unlocking or remote starting, the blue LED on the receiver attached to the windshield is no longer blinking. Everything still seems to function correctly (lock, unlock, start). And, while this doesn't seem like an issue in the garage, I would like the light to be flashing if I parked at someone else's house overnight as a deterrent. I have not yet tested to see if the alarm will sound, as I will need to plan ahead and leave a window down so I can unlock and open a door after arming the night before. I found in the manual that the flashing will be reduced after 24 hours, but it isn't sitting that long and it's not just reduced...it's off completely.

Anyone else having this issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn