Cold A/C ... only when moving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, was gonna say to get the e fans as well! BK, I see your sig and it says custom tune, do you have a way to find out where ever you had the tune done by if they turned on your pins for the efans? You would love them and would solve your warm AC problem!!!

5.3 -Swapped for-> 6.0HO LQ9: Gibson Headers: Cold Air Intake: CUSTOM TUNE: Magnaflow Cat Back: LED Tails: LED Interior Lights : Escalade Roof Rack: 20" LTZ Wheels: Depo Projectors : HID's : NNBS Emblems : HD Hood

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score

5.3 -Swapped for-> 6.0HO LQ9: Gibson Headers: Cold Air Intake: CUSTOM TUNE: Magnaflow Cat Back: LED Tails: LED Interior Lights : Escalade Roof Rack: 20" LTZ Wheels: Depo Projectors : HID's : NNBS Emblems : HD Hood

I can't believe that you still have a clutch fan on your truck with all those upgrades.

OP
OP
bkboatnsleds

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys - Yes - still have the fan clutch - No e-fans (Yet)

I'll try the clutch, and cleaning - its easy enough and cheap enough anyhow.

HK-DEMON-

Reaction score
Have you tried replacing your A/C blower filters?

My Hoe had the same problem. I was then told by a buddy of mine to check the cab filters, to my surprise both filters were stupidly clogged up with debris. After replacing the filters my problem came to a rapid solution.

Both filters can be found underneath your glove compartment by removing that black cover.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure 02 was the last year with the cabin filters. His is an 03.

gwilk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had mine do the same thing last year. Tried adding freon and still didn't keep it working. Took to friend at dealership and hooked up guages and said compressor is weak and I had too much freon in. So, he evacuated it all and refilled to proper level. I havent replaced compressor yet but same thing this year with it. Just waiting to order replacement compressor.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on the year and vehicle, most efan set ups only use 1 fan under normal conditions. if the a/c is kicked on or the engine gets to a certain temp, the second fan will kick on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts