climate control problems with after market radios

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a 99 and blew two of my climate controls due to after market radios anyone got a problem to solve this? them ******* are expensive!!! 200$ a pop

my guess is the rca's hang and touch the exposed board on the climate control what can be done to stop this cuz im not replacing it this time til i find out how to stop this from happening

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
comon no one else has had this problem with the 95 to 99 dashes???

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that happen to me also but i got mine from ebay for $100. the only thing you can do is disconnet the negitive cable of the battery when you work on the stereo or tape of the connections.

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it happens after the install. cuz the board on the climate control knobs is open and the radio sits directly above it, and theres not much room at all behind the radio for wires so they hang down on top of the board and my only guess is that the rca cables touch the board and short it out, i see exactly where the short is on my board but kknow what to do about replacing it again and again, can i wrap the board with electrical tape to keep the wires from touching it??

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound stupid, but why can't you jam in a peice of printer paper folded in half, and cover up the climate control board?

Then put your radio in gently?

My paws are pretty small, so I usually use one hand to gently hold the rca jacks and other crap out of the way while the other hand is sliding the radio back in.. It works for me...

In other projects, I've also used 3" wide one sided sticky weather stripping foam from CDN Tire, to seperate electrical componants....

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well its pretty tricky for me i got huge hands lol but im gonna try maybe plastic welding a piece of plastic on top to cover the board some how or just cut out plastic behind the radio for more wire clearance, ill let ya know how it goes after i win the climate control on ebay for 35$ lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts