Cleaner wax suggestions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting my Yukkie back on the road and need suggestions for a good cleaner wax. Sat outside uncovered for 7 months. Was in a shady spot and after washing still looks good. Can't afford the detailer right now so I'm going to DIM. Right now thinking about using Megluire's (sp) cleaner wax but willing to try something else. What would you use

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Well, id personally rather cut and buff the truck then putting a wax over all the old dirt and contaminants. if you cant afford the buffer part, atleast Claybar your truck.

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea actually. I've never done it but can prolly afford an inexpensive buffer. DEF gonna look into that, thanks. I'm gonna do a search on it before I start asking questions..:peace:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree, using a clay bar first is a good idea. I use a swirl and haze remover as well as a polish, then throw a nice couple of layers of wax on after.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Notta problem man, glad we could help. The clay bar is very easy to use, and im sure theres a write up in the Detailing section on the main page. basically wet the clay bar and run all over your truck keeping it wet is key. (wash your truck again before you use it). You can go over glass with it aswell. Dont go over porous materials (moldings and what not):happy107:

OP
OP
the 18th letter

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The claybar seems much easier than the cut and buff. Something about sanding and paint, in the same sentence, concerns me!?! There was nothing about temprature when doing this. It's about 30 on the East Coast now, guessing these are spring activities.

Prolly best to spend my time movong all the junk from 1 side of the garage to the other and garaging her until it warms up. Can u clay and buff?

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
The claybar seems much easier than the cut and buff. Something about sanding and paint, in the same sentence, concerns me!?! There was nothing about temprature when doing this. It's about 30 on the East Coast now, guessing these are spring activities.

Prolly best to spend my time movong all the junk from 1 side of the garage to the other and garaging her until it warms up. Can u clay and buff?

Yea i would suggest doing it on a hotter day lol The clay would be like a rock. Um yea Clay and buffing would work. Its probably safer to do a clay and buff compared to cut and buff.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya unless you can wash your truck in a garage then you have to wait till its warmer out to clay and buff.

but ya if you want a nice clean gloss look buffing is the key. but you have to know how to buff its more a feel thing. if you dont do it right it wont look good.

claying is easy just keep it wet and it collects all the dirt and other hard stuff on top of the paint. imo claying should be done every other wash.

as far as a good wax i like using black magic wax
pACE3-4479222reg.jpg

i work at a lexus dealership detailing cars and we use meguires wax and altho it does provide a good shine it doesnt seem to last that long

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is after one coat of Eagle Spray Wax. I have no idea how to clean my rims. I just waxed them too!

DSC00672.jpg
DSC00674.jpg
DSC00673.jpg
DSC00671.jpg
DSC00670.jpg
DSC00669.jpg
DSC00668.jpg
DSC00667.jpg
DSC00666.jpg
DSC00665.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I ended up doing another coat aftet this....I was gonna do another one but I got called into work.

I can't wait till summer. I am going to attempt to clay bar and then wax coat the shit out of it. Like 5 coats. 1 hr b/w each coat. I never waxed b4 due to bad experience with other stuff. NEW SPRAY ON WAXES MAKE IT A SINCH! CLEAN MICROFIBER TOWEL A MUST!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse