chrome tow hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the hooks on this weekend but couldn't find my camera.

They really couldn't be much easier to install. There are two bolts on each side. One has a nut and the other is threaded into the hook itself.

The hardest part is the pass side b/c the bolts come out to the side w/the worst access. On a scale of 1 to 10, this job would be a 2.

Air tools make it go quicker but are not needed.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty easy to install but to get them tight air tools wer an almost must on mine because the bolts lock up and don't move after a certain point of tightening.

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are pretty easy to install but to get them tight air tools wer an almost must on mine because the bolts lock up and don't move after a certain point of tightening.

That's interesting b/c mine went on w/out a hitch. Might have been a different batch from GM.

I used my air gun on the drivers side and thought I might have an issue w/the pass side but they went on w/out a problem using just hand tools and I torqued them down real tight.

DenaliGrill.com

Denali Grill
Reaction score
Chrome Tow Hooks---Full Bumper Insert

Hi,

Next week I will be looking into stocking the Chrome Tow Hooks and do an exchange program to keep the cost down.
You need a 18mm box end wrench and a 18mm socket to get the 4" bolt/nut & 2nd 1" bolt off. I have seen some get rusted over. Then you will need to pry the Fiberglass Bumper reinforcement a small amount to get the horizontal bolt out. The tow hooks are installed first, then the fiberglass reinforcement, then the bumper. A 20-30 minute job.
I do like the painting it chrome idea! It is low enough that you should never see the difference.

Below is a picture of our Long Bumper Insert in Highly Polished Stainless Steel, with tow hooks removed and with the OEM Hole pattern.
We also have a picture with the Tow Hook cutout version on our website.
We also have it in Classic Black for the C3 Guys as well as our Main Grill Insert in both finishes, that removes the gmc logo.

Contact me directly for forum discounts at: [email protected]

Thanks, Phillip
www.DenaliGrill.com
G006DSSP2KIT%20TYF.JPG

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
i got my tow tooks painted chrome and it lasted a few weeks and looked good til i washed the truck and it peeled off and started to rust. i then got them sent to the chromer for 100$ and they are pimpin" so nice and its worth it to do it right the first time. hope this helps. mine took 3 mins each side with just a rachet wrench and i am lowered 4".

DenaliGrill.com

Denali Grill
Reaction score
Tow Hooks

Humm...

Did you sand blast, prime, then paint?
What area of the country are you in?

Phillip

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Here is a pic I found for review.
You can see how GM did not intend to have the tow hooks easily removed by have the fiberglass reinforcement curve in front of the bolt...billable hours...
Denali%20Tow%20Hook.JPG

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
mine are the older style way easier to put in. not sure how my painted ones were done i paid a guy 75$ to do it.he was supposed to be good.he did a few pieces on my friends paintball guns and he was impressed.pic of mine on roadrageror on car domain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28