Chinacargiags - "gm tech2 lacks the chips"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was another source and might have had additional shipping costs, but they aren't charging any more.
If it were me, I would probably just let them ship it.

He mentioned from another plant... Didn't sound like any kind of bait and switch, just a different factory.

If it is not 100% to your satisfaction, you could always turn around and throw it up on E-bay.

I don't think they would offer anything that was junk or not meeting their standards. The unit I got had excellent build quality. Everything was very sturdy and worked perfect out of the box. But if you are sketched-out completely...
Yeah, I was mainly put off by the lack of communication. 5 days after the order was placed (website indicated in stock when order was placed) the status was not updated, then when I contacted them they magically have stock available but only if I am willing to pay more? No thanks. I'll take my chances on getting the VCXNano to work and go from there. I know that lots of people have had good experiences in the past, I trust the advice given on this forum but that was not my personal experience.

Erock7625

Reaction score
Chinacardiags.com does sell Autel scan tools.

Since they already have your funds, it may be fastest option to switch the order over to an Autel tablet if they have what you want in stock. That might be much easier and faster than pulling the plug and getting something from a different vendor.

I believe they better bi-directional tablets are in the $600-$800 range. More, if you want extra special super duper pro models.

Yup I have the Autel MaxiDAS DS808K, it was about $800 on Amazon. Autel's line-up is so confusing as they have so much overlap on their many different tablet models and so many different sellers. Make sure you buy one from the official US company so you don't have to ship it back to China if it needs repair. Their also is a recurring $200 annual charge for software upgrades. It works great and has a lot of functionality including many bi-directional capabilities. Not sure if it does all the functions that the Tech2 does, I was using it this weekend on my transmission and it has adaptive re-learn and being able to active all the transmission solenoids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645