Ceramic Top coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Servy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or had someone put this on your truck? I am seriously considering it.

Just want to hear feedback from others who have.

Ryans2018

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried the F11 on my Tahoe. Not bad. Waiting to find the time when I can do another coat but in LV its way to damn hot outside till about Halloween. I like the F11 tho.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

72-droptop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had it done by a local detailer a few months ago...got a good price so i had them do it. it's great. a heavy rain takes off most dirt. the bugs on front from highway driving still need to be brushed off. i got a "three year" system. which means they put on more coats. i would definitely do it again.

they used a CQuartz system.

OP
OP
S

Servy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah i am going to stop by the shop tomorrow and see what product they use. I dont see any downside and not that expensive.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Money well spent! I had the ceramic glaze installed on my 2019 when new and it's holding up nicely. I also suggest getting a clear wrap on all of the common abrasion areas.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is 100% clear wrapped below the roof and ceramic coated, wash is once in a while, dry it with detail spray and it looks great in minutes. They now have clear wrap that is not only self healing, it's self shining, meaning needs no wax or ceramic EVER, have it on my ZR1 and porsche's, it's beyond fantastic. You can do it yourself, but many manufacturers will only warranty it if done by a authorized shop

Brother Bluto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just applied Ceramic polish to three of my cars this weekend. My Black Denali was tough. It was third, and the pad was clearly over saturated with polish, so it ended up hazy and took me a while to get to look right. Once all leveled out, it really looks wet and deep. Very happy with it. My Silver Cayenne looks great, but putting it on my daughter's blue Jeep took it to a new level. The car literally looked like it was glowing.

I washed and clay-barred first, then applied with a DA and generic application pad. Once the rain stops, I plan on a quick follow up with spray on ceramic coat. Applying a couple coats of this is supposed to protect for 12 months

OP
OP
S

Servy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all. Taking my 19 Yukon in next week! 5 year coat

EZ Money

Reaction score
I’ve been using the CMX from Mothers. It’s not a full ceramic sealant and down last as long, but it works great. I’ll typically apply it, like a detailed, every other month. Sometimes I get to stack coats, but usually just 1 coat works well.
I work on a construction site and my truck is always covered in dust. This stuff is great because typically by the time I get 2 miles down the road, all the dirt has blown off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10