Centered Exhausts 06 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Here is an image of an 06 Escalade like mine that I used photoshop to add centered dual retanguler exhausts. The bottom valance is something I'll need to make if I decide to do this. If I go that far I may also remove the step pads and make a fiberglass overlay. I don't care for the kit rear bumpers. They're just too massive for my taste. I would retain the general size, add the valance and smooth out the contours of the bumper to better match the contours of the front bumper. The bottom of the bumper has an indention as a design feature that sort of sets the limit of how far apart I can set the exhausts but I think I can separate them a bit more than this. Opinions?Escalade Corvette center exhausts.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I think roll pans are listed on ebay.
I prefer to have a rear bumper. Just not crazy about the look of the bumper of NBS eskies. Since I'm doing centered exhausts, I'm thinking a lower valance might dress it up a bit. Plus, its something I can make with fiberglass.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll probably lose your spare, if that matters to you, unless you have some real tight bends.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Have thought that thru. Many Manufacturers are eliminating spares as standard equipment on some models to save weight and production costs. They offer a seal and inflate kit as standard equipment and a spare as an added cost option. Also, I’m at a place in life where changing a roadside flat is a challenge I don’t care to accept. So, in order to have center mounted exhaust, in addition to removing the toe hitch, I’m prepared to lose the spare and go with a seal/inflate kit.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Also keep in mind that Slime and similar products are temporary solutions to get you home or to a tire shop. Once you're off the side of the road the wheel should be taken to a tire shop to be dismounted from the rim and the tire and rim be cleaned out. Otherwise those products will eat away at your rim over time, or so I have been told.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I’ve heard that also. The manufacturers of these products claim this is not so, but I wouldn’t take a chance their claims are hype. My thought is if I get a flat it will need to be repaired or replaced in either case.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Thanks for your recommendation. My understanding is the new products are superior. Gm, Ford and even Porsche are supplying seal/inflator kits on some models in lieu of spare tires. The products they use do not impact tire or wheel warranties according to their literature. They do recommend having the tire serviced ASAP, and I presume this includes cleaning the wheel. Kits include a sealer and compressor. I can’t recall who makes the sealer gm uses, but seem to recall it’s not Slime brand. I plan to use GM kit or a kit from another automaker if it is rated better. I will add a plug kit. The plug kit will be for backup if sealant alone doesnt Work. Again, thanks for the input.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thanks for your recommendation. My understanding is the new products are superior. Gm, Ford and even Porsche are supplying seal/inflator kits on some models in lieu of spare tires. The products they use do not impact tire or wheel warranties according to their literature. They do recommend having the tire serviced ASAP, and I presume this includes cleaning the wheel. Kits include a sealer and compressor. I can’t recall who makes the sealer gm uses, but seem to recall it’s not Slime brand. I plan to use GM kit or a kit from another automaker if it is rated better. I will add a plug kit. The plug kit will be for backup if sealant alone doesnt Work. Again, thanks for the input.
I would use the plug kit as the primary. That way your done and don't need an additional stop for service. If a plug wont fix it a can of liquid sealer wont.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts