CarPlay issue 2018 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladoog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello.
Can anyone help me?
I have a 2018 Tahoe, I have used CarPlay with my iPhone since I got my truck with no trouble until now. I just got a new iPhone 13. I cannot get my car to connect. It will connect through the USB port to play music. It even looks like it connects through blue tooth but I cannot access my phone as I did before. I used to click the phone icon and access all the car play stuff, now it just stays on the screen where it says it’s connected. Waze doesn’t pop up and neither does phone calls or texts. When I search for my car in CarPlay in my iPhone it just keeps searching and never finds the car.
I have googled this issue and tried all the suggestions but nothing working.
Anyone have any experience with a newer phone not working with an older car?
Thank you for any suggestions!
Amy

Attachments

• 8F5E98BB-C203-4C2C-8410-40C2E68BADCD.png
    8F5E98BB-C203-4C2C-8410-40C2E68BADCD.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 4FDA685B-F446-4EBD-9C14-C4FA32E51C94.jpeg
    4FDA685B-F446-4EBD-9C14-C4FA32E51C94.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Can anyone help me?
I have a 2018 Tahoe, I have used CarPlay with my iPhone since I got my truck with no trouble until now. I just got a new iPhone 13. I cannot get my car to connect. It will connect through the USB port to play music. It even looks like it connects through blue tooth but I cannot access my phone as I did before. I used to click the phone icon and access all the car play stuff, now it just stays on the screen where it says it’s connected. Waze doesn’t pop up and neither does phone calls or texts. When I search for my car in CarPlay in my iPhone it just keeps searching and never finds the car.
I have googled this issue and tried all the suggestions but nothing working.
Anyone have any experience with a newer phone not working with an older car?
Thank you for any suggestions!
Amy
I do not use apple phones myself but I would reason to believe that since the software in the vehicle has not changed and the software in the iphone is what has changed that the problem would be a setting on the phone, also try a new cable as well.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would need to add the device in settings on your ride for your new iPhone

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be the cord as weird as that sounds. Try a high quality Apple cord. Not all aftermarket cords are created equal. I have had ample issues with random USB-C cables too with my Samsung-Android too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2