Carpet issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manny32811

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody Having issues with there carpet under the second row. Mines is loose and it's coming up you could pick it up and you could see the floor of the truck. I took it to the dealer but they can't fix it. Any ideas I could do to put it in place so it Doesn't keep lifting up. 2015 Suburban LT

Last edited:

dps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed on cheap feeling carpet. Could you use double-sided carpet tape to keep it down?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I used to use back in the body shop days:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...90-Spray-Adhesive?N=5396314+3294310564&rt=rud

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Anybody Having issues with there carpet under the second row. Mines is loose and it's coming up you could pick it up and you could see the floor of the truck. I took it to the dealer but they can't fix it. Any ideas I could do to put it in place so it Doesn't keep lifting up. 2015 Suburban LT

And to add: I love how warrantys (ESPECIALLY ESPs) are mostly 100% worthless because the dealers CFS on these modern cars. They just sling parts at problems one after another.

fszatko

Reaction score
I noticed the same problem when vacuuming the 3rd row recently. Carpet comes right up. Has a "rolled" back edge that tucks in, but comes right back up easily.

Fortunately, my Weathertech 3rd row digital fit floor liner just arrived. I put that down over the carpet and no more problem.

steph230

Reaction score
I noticed the same problem when vacuuming the 3rd row recently. Carpet comes right up. Has a "rolled" back edge that tucks in, but comes right back up easily.

Fortunately, my Weathertech 3rd row digital fit floor liner just arrived. I put that down over the carpet and no more problem.

I'm having this same issue. Going to have the dealer look at it today. I have my WeatherTech Digital Fit mats on order so I guess that will solve it? I just think that it needs to be fixed before I just put a "band aid" on it. It will be a major issue for us with 3 kids in and out of both rows. Hard to believe this is a known issue for such an expensive vehicle.

Reaction score
I'm having this same issue. Going to have the dealer look at it today. I have my WeatherTech Digital Fit mats on order so I guess that will solve it? I just think that it needs to be fixed before I just put a "band aid" on it. It will be a major issue for us with 3 kids in and out of both rows. Hard to believe this is a known issue for such an expensive vehicle.

I'm covering mine up with Husky mats as well, but I hate having to do that. Imagine being inside a Mercedes GL or a Range Rover (or really any other luxury SUV for that matter) -- do you think the carpet would be just "floating around" back there? Hell no. It would be tacked down and solid as a rock, just as it was in the BMW X5 I traded in for this Yukon Denali.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here on my 2015 suburban lt, what a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman