"Cargo Light On" & 2nd Row Bench Won't Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Augie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the site and hoping to learn about my new to me 2002 Yukon XL Denali. At 85k, it has fairly low miles for this year Yukon. Thank you in advance for reading this and any help offered.

There are 2 things that bother me, one being a hazard.
First I have a constant "Cargo Light On" warning. There are no lights on while driving or when all doors are closed. This is different from the "Cargo Door Ajar". Does someone know what this is deferring to and maybe how I could fix? Perhaps, just knowing what it's referring to, I may be able to fix.

The Hazard issue is the middle bench, it will not "lock" into the upright position. It is a 60/40 bench, and it is the larger part thag won't engage. The seat back is loose. I've been having a hard time figuring out the mechanics of the seat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope the seat isn't broken.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

SSE1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same Cargo Light On warning although NO lights are on , frustrating ......I hope someone posts a solution .