Can't get text messages on 2015 Denali???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAASTYL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy just checking to see if it's me, my phone, or my truck, but for some reason I am not able to see or send text messages from my 2015 Denali.

Tried looking through the phone settings on Intellilink. Curios to know if anyone else has this same problem or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

ryguy84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy just checking to see if it's me, my phone, or my truck, but for some reason I am not able to see or send text messages from my 2015 Denali.

Tried looking through the phone settings on Intellilink. Curios to know if anyone else has this same problem or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Im also having the same problem.

OP
OP
H

HAASTYL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually the Operators Manual talks through Text Messages and the GMC Marketing info also has it. I have placed a call into the Intellilink Support team and they are reviewing. Really would like to know when Text and the Upgraded App Shop will be available to us early buyers???

http://media.gmc.com/Pages/news/us/en/2014/Feb/napa/gmc/0224-2015-yukon-infotainment.html

Hopefully a GM Customer Support rep will see this thread and chime in. Like I explained to Chris in the other thread I shouldn't have to use an external supplier to provide functionality like this. I've had multiple other brands of vehicles with much lower price points that this feature was included or available.

If the link above doesn't work here's what I was referencing:

The 2015 GMC Yukon’s next-generation IntelliLink infotainment system is better connected and offers passengers more choices for their increasingly plugged-in lifestyles. It provides easy, intuitive operation of basic functions, yet it is also highly customizable and capable of linking up to 10 devices such as smartphones, SD cards and MP3 players, giving customers more ways of staying connected.

Enhanced connectivity and convenience includes a new Text-to-Voice feature for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), which reads incoming texts through the vehicle’s speakers, and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users to enhance connectivity and convenience. Each enables voice-controlled connectivity, to help keep phones in pockets and hands on the wheel.
Additional standard and available features include:

■Eight-inch-diagonal color touch screen and multiple USB ports
■OnStar 4G LTE with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (later availability)
■Next-generation OnStar and IntelliLink enhancements with gesture recognition and natural language voice recognition
■Available GMC AppShop (later availability)
■Available navigation.
With OnStar’s 4G LTE connection, each Yukon becomes a mobile hub for drivers and passengers, providing easier access to apps and services that require a high-speed data connection. The vehicle employs an “always on” wireless connection, which is not reliant on a brought-in mobile device. The OnStar 4G LTE connection arrives later in the model year.

A mid-model-year update will also bring 2015 Yukon models a new in-car app marketplace: GMC AppShop. It allows customers to download apps directly to their IntelliLink system and organize, update or delete them. Available apps will connect drivers to music, news, weather, travel information, vehicle data and more. The initial list of apps includes iHeartRadio, Priceline.com, the Weather Channel, NPR, Slacker Radio, TuneIn Radio, Cityseeker, Eventseeker, Glympse and Kaliki.

steverkemp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine now has it too for the same reason Chris does. :) In a slightly related rant about the manual specifying features that don't exist at produciton: the manual mentions the kick to lift rear tailgate option as well but it's non-existent. Must be another mid-year addition.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that the kick power liftgate is standard on the Escalade so maybe that is GM's cheap way of keeping manuals similar across the board.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

That is a mid year? I'm adding it in the next few weeks hehe

Please explain how you will get this to work Chris. I know the kick function correlates with the key fob so won't it have to be reprogrammed? I also have peaked under the rear bumper and can't find any additional wiring just hanging out ready for a sensor to be installed.

I really really wish GM had incorporated this feature on the 15's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts