can anyone figure this out??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbi83

Reaction score
just got me depos waited all night, and spent 3 hours trying to aim them.. is there supposed to be a void on the drivers side? and why is the beam so hot in that one area?

IMG_20101020_193916.jpg

IMG_20101020_192705.jpg

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, minus the hot spot. can't help you there. mine are coming this week hopefully

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is strange. The bulbs sitting in the mount properly?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put mine in as well and I noticed a very similar pattern with mine, the left side seems to be brighter than the right side

OP
OP
K

kbi83

Reaction score
is it possible to have the HID bulb upside down or something??

and about aiming? how high up and how far out??

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
show me in your pic the void, and mine are adjusted as high up as they can go and i need them a lil higher and i think you should get the beams as straight as possible but i could be wrong, try swapping the bulbs around and see if you get the same result

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at your bottom picture I noticed the "hot spot" for that lamp closer to the vehicle on the ground. This indicates that your lamp on that side is mounted 180 degrees opposite from the drivers side. When installing make special note of the support bar that runs along the side of the lamp. It should be in the same position on both sides.

After changing the lamp get your vehicle as closely as you can front bumper against a verticle wall or garage door. Use some tape and make a horizonal line of tape even with the center of the main headlight. Do this on both sides and then use another piece of tape to make a verticle line at the center of the headlight....making a set of crosshairs +. Back your vehicle up 25 ft from the headlight to the wall. Now aim your headlights putting the "hotspot" as close as you can to the crosshairs but NOT above them. They may not come all the way up to the line due to running out of adjustment....just do the best possible. Please remember that there is no side to side adjustment, only up and down. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vadenA77