Cam Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crookshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I didnt know where to turn other than here. I really want a new cam for my truck (2008 Tahoe 2wd LT) Can anybody help me out with a general cam, ive been looking at the z06 cam and the TS220/200. Also anybody have a general install price? Thanks alot.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
need more specifics about engine and mods you have done.

what engine size?
what bolt on mods?
Do you want to have to replace your stock convertor to something better?
Do you tow?
Do you want more bottom end, midrange, top end?
Do you care about MPG?

Just FYI, this question gets asked 5 times aday over at
www.performancetrucks.net
and
www.LS1truck.com

You might want to check them out, as there is ALOT of information on those
two sites regaurding your question.

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
Keep in mind that you'll want to upgrade your valve springs too. I'm doing this mod too. I chose the cams from the 2002-2004 Z06. They bolt right in with no modding needed.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Last edited:

linetramp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check out Thunder Racing. In fact, do a google search and put in "Thunder racing DOD delete" and it will give you a kit to replace the parts that fail and cause oil consumption. Call them and they have different cams for whatever power level you want. If you don't want to delete the DOD system, you can still add a lot of power and increase the strength of the internal parts for not much more money.
Look at LS1howto.com. There are a lot of company's other than Thunder Racing, just google it and start calling people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512