Buying soon, but where are the Metallic Gray's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon B

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What's up everybody, this is my first post. Great site and a lot of good info here. I'm currently carless because someone rear ended me and totaled my car (2010 G37). I've n er owned a SUV or a V8, so I thought a 6.2l Denali would do the trick. Anyhow, I'm looking to buy a 2012-2014 Denali in the near future. Gray is my favorite color on a vehicle and I hardly see any Metallic grays out there for sale. I like black, but my brother in law owns a Black 09' Denali. I really don't like white. I did search the forum but couldn't find the info I needed. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

PS- Here is pics of my trashed G37.. almost had her paid off!

car4.JPG

car3.JPG

Reaction score
My 2012 that I just got last month is Carbon Black Metallic (dark grey metallic) but looks black from a distance. My 2011 that was totalled was Onyx Black, which was a gloss black. I've seen some of the Mocha Steel Metallic colored ones look more grey than gold/brown. I haven't really seen any other greys, just silver

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s definitely a rare color. I’ve only seen a couple out here in California. I do have one that belongs to a regular client that I detail all the time up here in big bear. I like the color cuz it looks black until you get closer and then you can see the grey. And it looks killer all cleaned up!

OP
OP
Y

Yukon B

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the reply. It’s frustrating that’s its a rare color, cuz I’m finally set on what I want. Previously I wanted a new 4Runner [no power] then Tahoe [not enough] and now I have to find a gray unicorn with low mileage! When I do purchase I want to upgrade the headlights because I think that gives it a new like pop with led/HD

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad about that car. 2012 was the last year for Steel Gray Metallic. There other two are Champagne Silver Metallic and Quicksilver Metallic. They are out there and I can see them right now on AutoTrader. If the pictures are bad, it may not even look any form of gray. And of course, don't expect whoever put up the add to have used accurate color descriptions.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon B

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Too bad about that car. 2012 was the last year for Steel Gray Metallic. There other two are Champagne Silver Metallic and Quicksilver Metallic. They are out there and I can see them right now on AutoTrader. If the pictures are bad, it may not even look any form of gray. And of course, don't expect whoever put up the add to have used accurate color descriptions.
Yea thats tricky with the color descriptions. After further research, I'm definetly a Storm gray guy. I like the darker gray. The Stealth gray looks to have a blueish tint.

I'm seeing what you guys are talking about now with it almost looks black at a distance or angle, then the dark Gray justs pops out at you. Thats pretty Bada**, I love that color! Now gotta see what years carry the Storm Gray and go from there.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats tricky with the color descriptions. After further research, I'm definetly a Storm gray guy. I like the darker gray. The Stealth gray looks to have a blueish tint.

I'm seeing what you guys are talking about now with it almost looks black at a distance or angle, then the dark Gray justs pops out at you. Thats pretty Bada**, I love that color! Now gotta see what years carry the Storm Gray and go from there.

Storm Gray Metallic was 2010 and 2011. It would be best to have the RPO codes for each color as they change the name for marketing. Deep Blue Metallic is also called Ming Blue Metallic on different, models, years, etc.

Take your time and be ready to fly or drive to get it. Mine was 700 miles away from home and others here have gone even further.

DSN46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got the "Stealth Gray Metallic" and it has too much blue tint in it I think. Disappointing. I am another Gray fan!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons