Buying a swedish Tahoe hybrid 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrian Holmgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am new to the forum,

Wanted to get some advice, I am about to buy a used Chevrolet Tahoe hybrid 2009 with about 80 000miles on it

And I have been using the car for a couple of days and I have to say that I am really impressed with the mileage, i am averaging about 22mpg using it both highway and city.

And I just love the combination, a big v8 and electric drive, it's like a dream come thru for me I can get the best from two worlds because I love v8 engines and here in Sweden they are not so populare everyone drives Diesel engines, and frankly the only Diesel engine that sounds good is the v6 from the new grand jeep Cherokee. And that's to much cash for me to spend on, and as I am

So I am about to buy it but I would like to get some suggestions and if you guys think I should trade in my fiat Freemont(Dodge Journey 2015) with the most boring 2.0 multijet Diesel engine) sure I am averaging 29 mpg but the tax is three times more for a diesel and the diesel fuel cost almost as much as petrol does

So the big question is should I pull the trigger, or keep my boring Freemont
What is it I should look out for?
Any tips/tricks when looking at the Tahoe.

Regards and sorry for my bad English.
Adrian

OP
OP
A

Adrian Holmgren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can add that the car is in a very good shape, there is only one small " rust" spot in the front bumper area, but the salesmen says that they will fix it, and I will get a extended warranty for 2 more years for the engine and its components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog