Bumper lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
lol should i just start another thread about my truck? i honnestly have not heard of anyone steeling these lights off of anyones trukck.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
i could not live with $55 per bulb, then us being us, we need 4, thats $220 for just the front, not for me thats just stupid, i have the 20led white bulbs from checker auto parts for 15 bucks each and im happy

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
DUDE I though you were moving in that vid. That is awesome. I gotta do that in the silverado now. Now to find out how to do it, wish there was a write up (hint hint)

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
step 1 - buy a whalen 6 outlet 90 Watt strobe set
step 2 - select position for control unit and switches
step 3 - install unit and switches
step 4 - run 4 wires to front and 2 wires to back
step 5 - select bulb positions(what light and where)
step 6 - drill 1" hole with 2 - 1/16th holes on ither side for mounting
step 7 - plug up lights
step 8 - enjoy

i cant really give you much info on it because every vehicle is different, but thats the basics of it, mine are in my bumper lights as you see in the pics above, and my rears are in the bottom hole in the tail lights, the control unit is under the passenger seat and the switches are in the dash. all wires are hidden and will never be seen again(inside body wiring harness) and it took 3 days at 3 hours a day, so roughly 9 hours with a lot of b/sing lol

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
i could not live with $55 per bulb, then us being us, we need 4, thats $220 for just the front, not for me thats just stupid, i have the 20led white bulbs from checker auto parts for 15 bucks each and im happy

...stupid lol

It's 55 per pair haha

OP
OP
M

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much everything you need to do strobes and will sell it fo cheap!

I used to install and sell them online as a second job. I have been lazy and need to get off my butt and sell the rest of my stock.

I'll take some pics tonight and try to do a tech. write up.

DJtricky was right, its not hard.... just very time consuming because each strobe requires three independent wires. basic concept is running the strobe wires to the tail/head lights. Running a positive and ground to where you will mount the pack, then mountings a switch to activated the power to the control unit. BE CAREFUL when working with strobe units after they were recently turned on. There are very large capacitors inside the unit that hold a lot of electricity after they are turned off for quite some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon