Bumper cutout for side exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a bumper cut for the side exhaust? I am thinking about doing a rear passenger side exit dual tip but I really don't like it hanging under the bumper. I'm just wondering if maybe tucking it and cutting out a hole in the bumper would make it look a little cleaner.

Looking for pics if possible

Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have side exhausts below the rear quarter panels, behind the rear wheels. That does not seem like what you are trying to achieve, though, but I thought that I'd show it to you anyway.

Truck Rear NL Adjusted.jpg Denali3.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a bumper cut for the side exhaust? I am thinking about doing a rear passenger side exit dual tip but I really don't like it hanging under the bumper. I'm just wondering if maybe tucking it and cutting out a hole in the bumper would make it look a little cleaner.

Looking for pics if possible

Thanks

Unless there's a functional purpose (ground clearance for lowered truck or for high water crossing, etc.), I think having it fire through a hole in the bumper is along the same lines as those stick-on "vents".

I get the "afterthought/added-on" look of having it exit the traditional way. How about cut half-circle arches as a compromise to both? I did this on my S10 years ago.

Abbyexhaust.JPG

Abbyexhaust1.JPG

Abbyexhaust2.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless there's a functional purpose (ground clearance for lowered truck or for high water crossing, etc.), I think having it fire through a hole in the bumper is along the same lines as those stick-on "vents".

I get the "afterthought/added-on" look of having it exit the traditional way. How about cut half-circle arches as a compromise to both? I did this on my S10 years ago.

View attachment 225761

View attachment 225762

View attachment 225763
That looks sweet.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet.

Thank you. The shadow and reflection in the first pic makes it look like the arches don't perfectly follow the curvatures of the tips, like the gap is uneven. Y'all know me better thane that.

I've considered doing something similar to my Tahoe (just like the OP) when I lower it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 225761

View attachment 225762

View attachment 225763
Looked good.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thank you. LOOKED good... The current owner is kinda undoing everything I did on that truck cuz he's beating it up.
I'd hate to see my old, loved car get driven into the ground by an idiot. Luckily I never had to see that--but--my sister bought my T-Bird SC(Remember those?)from me yrs ago and it was totaled by a drunk driver. Car saved her life tho.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to see my old, loved car get driven into the ground by an idiot. Luckily I never had to see that--but--my sister bought my T-Bird SC(Remember those?)from me yrs ago and it was totaled by a drunk driver. Car saved her life tho.

In all fairness, he's not neglecting it. Between a bump from a drunk, him lightly rear-ending someone, his GF backing into something, him using it to haul his stunt bikes... It's just getting a little rough under his ownership. The Sportside bed got beat up and he found a mint Fleetside bed with Xtreme fairings and all in the same color so he's swapping that on. I don't know how he plans to make the tail light fuel filler work with that but I have a feeling he'll swap the gas tank back to the factory design and location. LAME.

I do remember them supercharged 3.8s! Speaking of Thunderchickens, I know a guy with an '87 (?) Nissan pickup with a Thunderbird powertrain. Clean swap with A/C and all. Even has an ugly camper shell on the bed for that paw-paw truck sleeper effect. I don't recall if it's the supercharged 3.8 or the turbo 2.3, but I wanna say it's the 2.3.

OP
OP
sanco

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 225761

View attachment 225762

View attachment 225763

Yes actually that is more of a route I was thinking of going, a tuck where its half in and out... not through the bumper itself. Create an opening where its not just hanging under the bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19