Bug shield/rock deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If any of you have installed the GM part and have wind noise, the shield is the culprit! I took mine in for the high pitched sound and that is what it was. Go figure.

thalacy12

Reaction score
If you're looking for a different one I put the chrome EGR shield on my 08 LTZ(same color as yours), it is a much lower profile and sits practically flush to the hood. I've had it on for a few months and havn't noticed any noise......

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Wow.
I have a BigShield and recently got some nasty wind noise along with a pretty high pitched whistle. The weird thing is last time it was the mirrors causing it, I have had the bug shield for a while and never had problems so I am wondering if thats whats causing it. If it is Im pulling it off quick.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM Accessories have a warranty against wind noise i think....

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the GM one and it works great, no noise. I think bjc7jr is right and GM markets their accessories to fit with out any issue. I've seen people put on non-GM hood shields and they get bad vibration and noise.

RoHoe09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an EGR shield last night. Used brake cleaner to remove the "EGR" logo and website from the shield. So far no wind noise.
zxuxye.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19