Budget lift dont wanna spend over 600 how high can I go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zraffz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are handy at welding and fabricating, you can do a 3" body lift for $140 (3" blocks, class 10 bolts and steering shaft extension) like I'm in the process of doing. You will have to make make your own transmission cooler brackets, bumper brackets (front is very easy) and filler neck extension.
$30 buys you 2" coil spacers and it is free to index your torsion keys. I'd recommend an $80 "Ebay special" adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear tires.

You can do 5" worth of lift on a budget of $250 if you're skilled. Any higher than that and you're in it for a good chunk of change. I got a smoking deal on my 6" RCX non torsion drop lift and I'm still in it for over a grand to get to 9.5"... plus a grand in tires.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are a 2wd you can go as high as 9" for under a grand, 6" under 500 if you're 4wd. As noted before body and keys both 3". I'd personally recommend the kit because it has all the bracketing for the bumpers, rad etc. If you have a local junkyard get some stock keys out of a 97-03 f150. 1"-2" coil spacers in the rear. 3" spindles are around 300 if I remember right.

However, for the biggest bang for your buck stack all that on a 6" RC NTD. The 6" NTD is the best bang for your buck when it comes to lifting these trucks, all the other kits are 1k+ more. It all comes down to how high you want to go

CarParts.com

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Morning Cole

Eric from CarParts.com here- I would stay away from a body lift they can be dangerous and in many states they are illegal for that same reason.

We offer a variety of lift kits, everything from a front leveling kit up to full 6" or 8" kit. I'm sure we have something that will be a good fit for your truck and your budget.

Eric

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are body lifts dangerous ?
anything is dangerous when less intelligent individuals do the work or just use questionable methods. if you go the hockey puck method and use grade 2 bolts you could break the bolts. there are good ways of doing a body lift and there are twice as many bad ways.

asand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoddy body lifts can be dangerous. But of you think about it a body lift leaves the chassis closer to the ground for a lower center of gravity than a suspension lift making for a more stable vehicle, and your suspension geometry remains factory.

The unsafe body lift myth is a favorite of companies selling suspension lift kits.