Brush Guard (and Possibly a Roof Rack)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted this on Tahoeforum.com, and then accidentally in the wrong section on this site:

So I bought a Tahoe a little over a month ago and I'm looking to get a brushguard for it. I want to do it to protect the front end, and, well, to make it look badass. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where/what brand to get? Also, can anyone explain how to install a brush guard? I assume you remove the front tow hooks and essentially slide the brushguard in there like you would attach something to the rear hitch, but that's just my assumption.

The Tahoe is Burgundy with tan interior and I'm looking for a black brushguard. Here's a picture:
SLmMc.jpg

And here's a picture of a truly badass Tahoe with a brushguard like what I would like:
Ea0CM.jpg
In fact, I think that black Tahoe might actually be from a post on this forum. Anyone recognize it?

In addition to the brushguard, what are your thoughts on a roof rack like the one on the black Hoe? Any idea of price/where to buy/difficulty of installation? I assume I'd have to buy/install the cross-bars before I could even put that sort of basket-type roof rack on my truck.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
hmm i have a proguard police style push bar that im not going to use anymore. I coverted to a SS front bumper and probably wont install it this winter.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
They are easy to install. Some are geavy as **** and some arent. Some mount on tow hooks byt yea pretty straight forward

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

I also have a basket but its and ebay one and my dad keeps giving me shit on it lol. I kiht make a box shaoe one for my 2dr but yea if your going for the offroady expedition look a basket is whatsup

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one on the black Tahoe appears to be an Aries Brush Guard.

I found where that picture is from! User UofMZ71 on this forum. Looks like he's got a Westin guard on there:
iLcqC.png

That being said, the Aries, as well as the ones made by Dee Zee, look pretty much the same. Looks like I'll probably go with whichever one of those I can get the cheapest.

Last edited:

Blakesan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a westin brush guard and a Defender series Rood rack. The brush guard was easy to install if you have someone to help. I installed the rood rack my self , it was just awkward lifting it because of the size. Ill take some better Pics later .

laserblue.jpg

By blakesan1 at 2012-08-29

sickpicbehindbrickindus.jpg

By blakesan1 at 2012-05-12

edit:

I used the factory roof bars to bolt the defender rack to also

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on putting on bigger/more aggressive tires on it? I think the brush guard and rack would look great IF you were going the aggressive/lifted look ONLY :imo:

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you plan on putting on bigger/more aggressive tires on it? I think the brush guard and rack would look great IF you were going the aggressive/lifted look ONLY :imo:

I'd definitely like to, but I don't think that will happen anytime in the very near future. After shelling out so much money on just getting the Tahoe, I'd like to pay off a good portion of it, as well as the rest of my student loans, and build back up some decent savings before I start dropping serious money into the truck. This means I'll probably use up the existing tires until I'm at a point where I actually need to start thinking about replacing them. The tires that are on it now are 275/55R20's and they leave me with about 1.5 to 2 inches of room between the front tires and the running board and about 2.5 inches of space between the rear tires and rubbing on the running board/wheel well. Any recommendations on a larger size? The user with that black Tahoe has "285/65/18 BFG A/T KO" listed, and his tires look awesome. I doubt I'd shell out for new rims in addition to tires though, which means I need something that would fit the 20s.

Here's another picture of that black Tahoe I found for reference:
ARv3w.jpg

Ideally I'd like to put bigger tires on mine at some point which will get it a little higher off the ground, and maybe later put a real lift on it. I really don't know anything about lifts/leveling kits though. Any idea what they would be cost-wise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n