brand new 4.10 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsdevildog29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I'm new and was wondering if these were still available? I'm towing a big load to VA and could use some 4.10s. The 3.73s got me to wy from camp Pendleton but I'd like to lessen the amount of work my burb has to do. Thanks.

Jsdevildog29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome. Would this be everything I would need to get it rolling in a 2000 burb 1500? I currently have the 3.73. I recently got orders to VA from camp Pendleton and so I bought a 24ft trailer and loaded all of my stuff in it and drove to wy for my wife to visit family before we complete the big move. I weighed my trailer when I got here and it's sitting at about 11k. Drove fine and pulled strong even over the passes but I did slow to about 45mph. And I'm hoping the 4.10 will help out my lil gasser. Lol. Would you also recommend a new diff cover with cooling fins? Would these gears fit in most aftermarket covers? Thanks.

OP
OP
blueflamed03

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, these will fit in any 8.5/8.6 rearend. They go right in place where the OEM's were. No need, unless you want to spend the extra $200 or so to get a cool looking cover.
Install them, and drive moderately for about 500 miles. Stop and go, and give time in between runs to cool them down. Nothing over 60 MPH, or hard acceleration for the first 500 miles. This breaks them in. This would be the case with any gear swap tho, unless your strictly drag racing Pro gears.
But if you decide to get a cool cover, just get one for the same size readend mentioned above. But no need to spend the money if you don't need too. :)
I have 3.42's and 20's, so these were REALLY going to help.

Jsdevildog29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow yeah I'm sure that compared to the 3.42s these would be a big jump up. I usually have my 22inch fooses on but changed out to my stock 16s for the trip. Just changing to the stocks I felt a big difference in acceleration. I figured the 22s were making my gear ratio closer to 3.50s than 3.73s. I actually dumped a bunch of money into the burb in preperation for the trip. Green Stuff supreme pads and ebc slotted rotors. Rv trans cooler. Magnaflow exhaust. Bullydog tuner. I already had a k and n. I saw that a shop would charge roughly 250. For install do you know how many hours they quoted? Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
blueflamed03

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
a good shop can do it in a couple hours, maybe 3 max.
I was quoted by several shops $200-$250

then you'd like the added pep when you put the 22's back on.

Jsdevildog29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One final question. Will having my rear changed to 4.10s affect my front? I hardly ever use 4wd. And I do have full 2wd as well as auto 4wd 4lo and 4hi.

OP
OP
blueflamed03

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, if you have a 4WD, yes, you have to do front as well...they have to match...front and rear.

Jsdevildog29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do they need to match even if I don't use 4wd? I have only ever used it to try it out to make sure it worked. I don't foresee me needing it as long as I beat the snow east. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny