Brake light switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So i have been having a problem with my aftermarket remote start last few weeks.Sometimes it works sometimes it does not.I brought it in to the installer of course it was working while there.I got home and does not work again with an error code 05 meaning brakes applied.Compustar confirmed this.So has anyone replaced brake light switch on there tahoe with pwr adjustable pedals-i have seenn alot of videos of replacing without adjustable pedals and seems very easy.I looked up there before work this morning and doesnt even look like my hand would fit all kinds of stuff in the way.Of course in a few hours and tomorrow it should be -20-30 below zero would be nice to have remote start.Can you do it without removing all kinds of stuff.Every dealer and every auto parts store are out of stock i found one so must be common.But not 1 video of 01-06 tahoe suburban on you tube really only ones without adjustable pedals.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Not even close fless i have so much stuff under there adjustable pedals and a cylinder container of some sorts all factory stuff.I was lucky to even get 2 fingers on it.It does not have a bolt holding it on also.just some strange clip after 20 minutes of swearing i finally got it.Guess what remote start does not work still-waisted parts that was from the manufacturer of the remote start compustar.Said that those a a very well know problem on chevys really i dont know anyone that had my problem.So i told them it needs a new remote start module and they are willing to replace it-sad authorized dealer for 20 yrs and they have no clue.The video you showed looks very easy i wish i took a video but was not in a good mood doing it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So after yelling at my remote start company to replace the remote start entirely-they did and it still wouldnt work.They figured out the brake lights were back feeding 7 volts out the switch causing the remote start to stop as soon as it started.We took out the led rear tail lights unplugged them still 7 volts-removed 3rd brake light bulb still 7 volts.Ready to pull my hair out i looked down and said huh what about the trailer adapter 7 to 4 pin.Removed it 7 volts gone put back in 7 volts.So with my tail between my legs and several apologies i bought them all lunch.So a small amount of water in there was freezing and thawing back feeding to remote start all good now.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats why you never ever, be rude to a mechanic..

We are never guilty when something not work.

Thats why mechanics in Germany learn in the first lessons:

Say to the customer if he states that something with the car you sold, or repair is not good:

"We never heard about that." or
"That is impossible" or
"You need an appointment, next free slot we have is [Today + 6 month]"

:Big Laugh: :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Thats why you never ever, be rude to a mechanic..

We are never guilty when something not work.

Thats why mechanics in Germany learn in the first lessons:

Say to the customer if he states that something with the car you sold, or repair is not good:

"We never heard about that." or
"That is impossible" or
"You need an appointment, next free slot we have is [Today + 6 month]"

:Big Laugh: :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
i was a tech for a chevy dealer for 10 yrs i know the routine.Same goes for car salesman we are not all bad i have been doing that for 23-24 yrs i can guess what you say about us.Your saying your never guilty when something doesnt work i think not i have had my share of comebacks and any mechanic in the world has also.I was polite just wanted my 750 dollar remote start to work.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was a tech for a chevy dealer for 10 yrs i know the routine.Same goes for car salesman we are not all bad i have been doing that for 23-24 yrs i can guess what you say about us.Your saying your never guilty when something doesnt work i think not i have had my share of comebacks and any mechanic in the world has also.I was polite just wanted my 750 dollar remote start to work.
I was only joking. I think all make mistakes, tech, salesman, customers and manufactors..

Even If the business changed. Today is the problem, that cars are so complex and manufactors build them in a way, that you cannot fix them anymore and exspecialy in Germany, the German cars are overengeeniered, plastic computers, which you should not drive over the poor guaranty over 24 month.

Sad that i have to say that, because imho, Germans build the best cars in the world in the past. A BMW or a Mercedes in the 90 where great Cars, with good engines and excelent chassis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts