Bluetooth question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been reading some posts trying to figure out how easy it would be to have bluetooth function on a 2013 PPV. To clarify, does it have to have onstar, a different module or something, or can I simply install the steering wheel I have with the bluetooth button and enable it?? Thanks

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would have to check with the build options, with if it has OnStar it should be able to accept Bluetooth, but I would have to look into it on these gens.

OP
OP
S

slowride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont think this one has Onstar, dont see a button for it anyway. Does it have to have it to run bluetooth? I mean does the tahoe have to have an Onstar capable option or whatever from the factory

Last edited:

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont think this one has Onstar, dont see a button for it anyway. Does it have to have it to run bluetooth? I mean does the tahoe have to have an Onstar capable option or whatever from the factory

Shoot me a PM with your VIN and I can run it through my GM account and pull up your build to see what you have.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I think you need to install a VCIM module, If my memory serves me correct. However I don't think the wiring harness supports it. I have had my Tahoe for three years now and if it was possible I would have it installed. I tried an aftermarket Bluetooth unit that interfaces with the radio speakers . Piece o crap. I took it out after a week.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Until I buy a HU I'm just getting on of those BT dongles to plug into the AUX port....... under $20 on Amazon

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a new head unit... increasing the sound quality and adding the Bluetooth at the same time (also add in front and rear cameras). Adding the steering wheel controls to the right won’t add Bluetooth as that’s a “delete item” on many build sheets (was on mine).

I would recommend getting a new steering wheel Do to ease and cosmetic reasons (only about $200) or if on a budget, adding the right side controls to the steering wheel for volume, source select, and calling features. Not worth the time adding a factory GM module thats already 10 year old technology and sounds like crap.

It’s a good idea to get to know your PPV by heading to any GM dealership and having them run your VIN on their “Work Bench” software and print out the build sheet. They did it for free for me and took minutes.

OP
OP
S

slowride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Went ahead and put in the new leather wheel for her, at least I got some points for that. Solace, sent you the vin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz