Blowing fuel pump relays, kinda stranded...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildwest450

Reaction score
Ok, this is the second relay this week to go. Any idea what's causing this?

Also hearing a weird noise from the dash board when you turn the key to start, sounds like the fuel pump for a split second followed by 2 clicks, don't know if it's related or not.

One more gremlin, last night my right side blinker was flashing super fast, so I figured a bulb was out, this morning when I checked it, everything was fine. Would these electrical problems have anything to do with my recent 7 pin trailer plug install?? Getting frustrated with my new baby.

I did choose to park the Yukon in front of my garage door last night, successfully blocking my truck in and leaving me stuck at home. I suck.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

After yanking the stupid interior buzzer out, the "fuel pump" sounding noise is coming from the cd player. The 2 clicks are actually a rapid 4 clicks coming from under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel, probably nothing related to the relay.

I'll probably buy a fuel pump, since it sounds like such a fun job, sigh.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the clicks under the left dash are likely the tcase controller if you have an electric switched one. the tccm has relays in it and it tests the system upon start up. since you have blinker issues after the 7 wire install i would go back and check your work. as far as the pump relay burning up. check you wiring for bad or corroded connections from the pump fuse and relay to the pump connector it self. if it is equipped with the old metra pack 150 connector i would suggest you upgrade your pump which comes with some improvements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere