Blind spot sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Vaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 LTZ with rt blind spot sensor doesn't appear to be working. I need to know where the sensor is located and how best to access it . Thank you

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Blind spot sensor like the indicator in the side view mirrors or the back up sensors in the rear bumper cover?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 LTZ with rt blind spot sensor doesn't appear to be working. I need to know where the sensor is located and how best to access it . Thank you
If the car gets real dirty, with dry snow/mud for example the sensors won't work. Get a bi-directional scan tool on it for testing and pulling codes.

OP
OP
B

Barry Vaughn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blind spot sensor like the indicator in the side view mirrors or the back up sensors in the rear bumper cover?
The one that alerts in the side view mirror. Others have pointed me to the location. Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Luckily, I have access to a Snap On scanner.
Get a pressure washer and aim it up under the rear bumper cover inside behind the rear wheels and clean it up real good, the sensors look like a claymore on a metal bracket, if you just get under the truck and look up you will see them, no need to remove the bumper cover, dirt and mud on them can make them not work correctly.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Get a pressure washer and aim it up under the rear bumper cover inside behind the rear wheels and clean it up real good, the sensors look like a claymore on a metal bracket, if you just get under the truck and look up you will see them, no need to remove the bumper cover, dirt and mud on them can make them not work correctly.
This^^
Mine get flakey in the winter after a snow. A good rinse and all is well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How many guys know what a claymore is let alone looks like Wes? Are they still popular in pop culture?

1643834074924.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz