Blend door actuator

Discussion in 'Interior' started by TM98, Jul 27, 2018.

1. TM98

TM98 Full Access Member

Name:
    Tim
    On my 2004 Yukon xl the drivers side acts up sometimes. It will start blowing hot air. I can turn it off and start it back up and it works fine after that. I have done a relearn and it didn’t work. I have taken it apart and cleaned the grease off the contacts and put new grease on and it worked for probably 4-5 days of using it with no issues. Well it acted up again yesterday so I’m just going to replace it.

I have the digital auto controls. Should I just get the AC Delco one or is there another that’s just as good? It seems as though this is the one I need because I have all these RPO codes.

[​IMG]

2. Massfloefi

Massfloefi Full Access Member

Name:
    Ron
    I am currently looking at replacing my fresh air recirculation actuator and from my research it seems like the best bet is to stick with the GM actuators. Most are such a pain to change it seems that it isn't worth it having to do it more then once.

swathdiver likes this.
  3. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Right, there has to be a reason why the GM and AC Delco acutators are 3X as expensive. They are built different as I have compared them. I did not however, read the reviews of the Dorman ones on such places like Amazon. I think the testimonies from folks who bought them would be worth considering though.

4. TM98

TM98 Full Access Member

Name:
    Tim
    Right I don’t mind spending the money on them but I just more or less wanted to know if that is what people are using.

swathdiver likes this.
  5. Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01 Full Access Member

Name:
    Craig
    I still need to replace mine lol

6. 08grey

08grey Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    joe
    Every once in a while my ac goes from working fine to not blowing and sounding like a wind tunnel under the passenger side. I guess a door is closing. I shut it off wait a couple minutes and turn it back on and it goes back open.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk