Blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2004 Yukon xl the drivers side acts up sometimes. It will start blowing hot air. I can turn it off and start it back up and it works fine after that. I have done a relearn and it didn’t work. I have taken it apart and cleaned the grease off the contacts and put new grease on and it worked for probably 4-5 days of using it with no issues. Well it acted up again yesterday so I’m just going to replace it.

I have the digital auto controls. Should I just get the AC Delco one or is there another that’s just as good? It seems as though this is the one I need because I have all these RPO codes.

68d0024f68bd717c42e6db6c9faa3ff5.jpg

Massfloefi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking at replacing my fresh air recirculation actuator and from my research it seems like the best bet is to stick with the GM actuators. Most are such a pain to change it seems that it isn't worth it having to do it more then once.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, there has to be a reason why the GM and AC Delco acutators are 3X as expensive. They are built different as I have compared them. I did not however, read the reviews of the Dorman ones on such places like Amazon. I think the testimonies from folks who bought them would be worth considering though.

OP
OP
T

TM98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right I don’t mind spending the money on them but I just more or less wanted to know if that is what people are using.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while my ac goes from working fine to not blowing and sounding like a wind tunnel under the passenger side. I guess a door is closing. I shut it off wait a couple minutes and turn it back on and it goes back open.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So was that the right blend door actuator? I have the same set up as you and I'm looking for the ACDelco one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157