Blend door actuator questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm experiencing an intermittent blend door actuator problem in my 04 Burb. It will sometimes get stuck on the full hot setting only on the drivers side (and central dash vent) - I have the digital auto climate control unit. Usually restarting the truck cures this and full functionality is returned (will cycle between hot/cold). From what I have read there are maybe three actuators under the dash - does anyone know which one I should be investigating first and where it is located? Also, is it worth attempting to remedy (removing, cleaning, lubricating) or is it likely a faulty part that I am better off just replacing?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm experiencing an intermittent blend door actuator problem in my 04 Burb. It will sometimes get stuck on the full hot setting only on the drivers side (and central dash vent) - I have the digital auto climate control unit. Usually restarting the truck cures this and full functionality is returned (will cycle between hot/cold). From what I have read there are maybe three actuators under the dash - does anyone know which one I should be investigating first and where it is located? Also, is it worth attempting to remedy (removing, cleaning, lubricating) or is it likely a faulty part that I am better off just replacing?

Without throwing money at the problem, the best thing to do is to get a Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool that can read BCM codes. In all likelihood though, the driver's side temperature actuator is in need of replacement. The plastic gears in them break over time. This actuator is in the passenger's side footwell close to centerline. There are four actuators up front.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found the driver's side temp actuator which is on the far left of the passenger foot well right up next to the center console just above the floor (pic attached). I removed it, opened it up, cleaned out the old grease, cleaned up the contacts, bent them a little to ensure better electrical contact and put the whole thing back together. If this is the correct actuator I think I can get one relatively cheap - in the meantime I'll see if this fix works, although it will be hard to tell since it has always been intermittent.20210603_145921_HDR.jpg

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I cleaned mine up and it worked fine for 4 years - except for twice haha. New one hasn’t messed up yet, but only been 2 years lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr