Blacking out emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxon1023

Reaction score
Plastidip works great. You tube it. It's at lowes or home depot about 5 bucks a can. Stuff is amazing.

JimmyKGB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it the GMC logo like on my 06 Yukon? I just did mine few weeks ago. Make sure you pop out the red inserts to paint them, dont try taping around them. If you dont have a heat gun stick it in the oven for a few to loosen up the glue. Be careful not to go too fast when removing the inserts, the plastic breaks easy. once out wash em real good, dry and sand with 600-1000 grit real well wash again and lay em out and do your thing. I had to sand mine afterwards with 1500 and polish them out because of orange peel and some dust. If ya have any questions message me.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine. Ironically just plastidipped mine tonight. Just taped off the chrome and sprayed. I'm sure there's better ways to do it like posted above but I'm lazy lol. You can also buy pre-cut laminate off eBay or pick some up from a local sign shop....anyways.....
601a2402-a5e6-db85.jpg

601a2402-a6fd-d3b3.jpg

Last edited:

JimmyKGB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@mharders - it looks good. I actually taped mine off first and wasnt happy so I did the long version of it lol.....I chose gloss black and polished it out after I had it smooth as glass with 1500grit paper. Came out awesome, it matches the paint on my Denali. Yours taped up came out way better than mine did. Good Job man.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to do this.

How do I properly remove the grille emblem off my 2002 burb?

I'm afraid to crack it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbyo