Black Yukon Denali grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy black Yukon Denali 2015-17 or 2018-20 grill. I know there is lot of them on ebay but not sure of quality and how they hold up against chips. So post here if you know which is good
Thanks

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any painted plastic part is going to susceptible to damage form rocks and other road debris. All the aftermarket black grilles for these trucks are all the same material and construction. They just all have different branding but I’m sure they’re all made by the same handful of companies. Any of the aftermarket grilles will be fine that you find online. What I’d consider is having the grille wrapped in a paint protection film before install on the truck. That will keep things from taking chunks out and the current PPF market has produced some crazy good quality films that hold up and take tons of abuse.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dont like wraps. Thats why i wanted painted black grill

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dont like wraps. Thats why i wanted painted black grill
What do you mean? The paint protection film? It’s not necessarily a wrap but just a clear thin layer film layer over. Crazy good protection. You can even have ceramic coatings applied to the clear film so that it’s just as easy for cleaning and cosmetic care purposes as any regular high end ceramic coated vehicle would be.

I’ve painted my front grille on my 2006 Denali, like 3 times in the last 8 years I’ve owned the truck. Granted I’m no professional but then out pretty good look and color match and smoothness wise….. the paint just hates sticking to plastic. Hopefully the newer aftermarket black grilles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother