Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds really good. I wish they had a dealer in Vegas, people are always sketch when you bring something to install they didnt get to sell you. I'm going to find a shop and hopefully get one of these put on before I get a tune.

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably buy the SLP delete. So look forward to that :D

No drone at all on the freeway. In all honesty I'd like it louder. You don't hear until you punch it and even then it's not bad at all inside. Just throaty

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine being an 04 I'm not sure if it will be the exact same sound, but will be a good indication. I've heard a a few 5.3 setups on YouTube. But weren't stock. I have a 14" magnaflow right now. It isn't loud but have no drone at highway speed. In town it does. Want something a little more mouthy I guess you can say.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If y'all want some specific video requests let me know

And honestly I am an old school VW guy. That last video that's my lowrider minitruck in the background.

Sounds really good. I wish they had a dealer in Vegas, people are always sketch when you bring something to install they didnt get to sell you. I'm going to find a shop and hopefully get one of these put on before I get a tune.

I go to my local mexican shops - $40 to weld in the muffler

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I lucked out, I went across town and my buddy mentioned a shop, so I dropped in. This guy was extremely cool, he cut my muffler off and let me hear the manaflow, flowmaster, and black widow. I was shocked when he said he had the BW. I picked the BW out of the 3.

Charged me $200 out the door, I was there for less than 20 minutes. I was beyond impressed with this shop. For anyone in Vegas, it was called the best muffler shop, right off fremont/eastern.

I'm thinking of deleting the resonator, I like the way it sounds now, but I hate the look of that stock tailpipe. How much louder would it be w/out?

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Take some video!

I dunno how much louder. Curious myself. Have you been on the freeway yet? Sure is nice to be able to have a conversation at normal talking voice

I have that big chrome stock GMC tip that I kinda like, but if you just have the regular I certainly understand, I don't like that either. I'm almost positive the stock tip is bolt on to the existing resonator should you want to keep it

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is welded, I checked when I was there. I drove it home on the freeway, it's really quiet at higher speeds, nice and throaty when you kick it down a gear. I'm really happy with it, glad OP made this post.

I ordered an airade MIT, hopefully blackbear makes it to Vegas next month.

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. In the first Vid I did not have the Airaid - 2nd vid has the airaid mit and AEM drop in

Im bored and see the SLP resonator delete for $95. hmmmmmmmmmm

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the airade MIT today, Holy cow!!! I had no idea it would make that much difference. Not just the sound, but it feels like it added some HP. Maybe it's just in my head, but I'm thrilled with the sound.

I'm installing a catch can and tune-up next week, then just waiting for blackbear like a kid waiting on Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne