Bilstein 5100 to Replace Z55

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Mishap Co

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings all. This may have been discussed, but I have been unable to find a definitive answer, so please redirect me if info is already available.

I have a '03 Yukon Denali with 170k on the Z55 shocks. I want to discard the air/electric and go with standard shocks. I'm looking at Bilstein 5100, as I've heard good reviews from other Yukon/Tahoe owners. However, the listing says they don't fit the Z55 suspension and I'm wondering why? Shock mounts on my suspension look like standard mounts and comparing them with the 5100 images, I don't see why w they wouldn't bolt right on.
Anyone done this upgrade?

Last edited:

02escalade

Reaction score
I wouldn’t quote me but I’m pretty sure when my 02 esclade was done had to purchase the bilstein conversion kit .. I know the kit came with springs but I used eibach with my truck I can say one thing tho my Escalade handles amazing

NJ04YUKON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings all. This may have been discussed, but I have been unable to find a definitive answer, so please redirect me if info is already available.

I have a '03 Yukon Denali with 170k on the Z55 shocks. I want to discard the air/electric and go with standard shocks. I'm looking at Bilstein 5100, as I've heard good reviews from other Yukon/Tahoe owners. However, the listing says they don't fit the Z55 suspension and I'm wondering why? Shock mounts on my suspension look like standard mounts and comparing them with the 5100 images, I don't see why w they wouldn't bolt right on.
Anyone done this upgrade?

The video is on an 09 but should be the same.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason it says it don’t fit is because the coils. I believe u have to change coils. Not 100 on that. I may be thinking of the zw7 premium smooth ride.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't overlook a tried and reliable replacement............Gabriel silver E'S.....just put a set on @220k, awesome ride and as good as it was years ago.

Attachments

• Tahoe-1.png
    Tahoe-1.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 2

RoyBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't overlook a tried and reliable replacement............Gabriel silver E'S.....just put a set on @220k, awesome ride and as good as it was years ago.
Hello I have a 2002 Tahoe rear shocks are blown out since I have a ZW7 suspension replacement shocks for that application for over 250 bucks apiece I think the Gabriel’s would work in my situation thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos