Bilstein 4600 or 5100 spring seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, I am looking to replace the front struts on my 2016XL. Been reading a lot about what it takes and have found that the struts I am looking at, either the Bilstein 4600s or 5100 do not come with the lower spring seats. I have not looked but I am guessing the seats in my OEM units are welded on and I am not looking to take a grinder to them and reuse them if there is a reasonably priced alternative.

Those of you that have switched to Bils what have you done about the lower spring seats?

I am not 100% committed to bils I just was thinking they seem like a quality unit that will last so I only have to do the project once.

OP
OP
R

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
J
Hi all, I am looking to replace the front struts on my 2016XL. Been reading a lot about what it takes and have found that the struts I am looking at, either the Bilstein 4600s or 5100 do not come with the lower spring seats. I have not looked but I am guessing the seats in my OEM units are welded on and I am not looking to take a grinder to them and reuse them if there is a reasonably priced alternative.

Those of you that have switched to Bils what have you done about the lower spring seats?

I am not 100% committed to bils I just was thinking they seem like a quality unit that will last so I only have to do the project once.
I did the live chat with shockwarehouse and the person told me the spring seats are not available. This is crazy to me as it seems even in the Ford and Toyota forums that the same problem exists. Why bilstein would not offer the seats is beyond me.

What else do you all recommend?

OP
OP
R

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put kyb monomax on the rear. So I may just stick with kyb for the front. But they seem to be sold out everywhere. This supposed chain shortage thing is getting a bit annoying. Its riding a lot better with the new rears I might wait a few months to change the fronts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs